Upcoming Events



Important News

Summer Lunch Program

The summer lunch program at the WYHS location will be open Monday through Friday from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.  Lunches are free for children ages 18 and younger.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992(Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). 

Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Seniors who are applying for college are now able to fill out and complete aFAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). 

Where do I go to fill out my FAFSAStudents and their parents will need to go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete the FAFSA.  It is important the the website says .gov at the end of it.  There is a website called www.fafsa.com that requires students to pay a fee - THIS IS THE WRONG WEBSITE.  The first word in FAFSA is FREE.  The site should never ask you for any money.  If so, recheck your website.                                                                 

What do I do first? Before students and their parents fill out the FAFSA, they should apply for a PIN (Personal Identification Number).  This PIN acts as online signature at the end of the FAFSA. Both the student and the parent will need to apply an individual PIN.  The process takes about five minutes to complete, but about two to three days to process it in the system.  Students/parents can do this while they are waiting for their W2 forms to come back to complete taxes.  

Can I do my FAFSA if I have not done my taxes yet? If students are concerned that their parents will not be getting back their tax information anytime soon, let them know that they can complete a FAFSA preliminarily guestimating their tax information based on last year's info, but they will then need to go back and correct the information when their taxes are complete. See http://studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa/filling-out#providing-financial-information  

What do I need to complete a FAFSA? Go to http://studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa/filling-out#documents to see the information needed to complete the FAFSA.

For what year should I complete the FAFSA? This is deceiving for students because they are currently in the 2012-2013 school year, but students should be completing theFAFSA for the 2013-2014 school year because most of them will not be enrolling until Fall of 2013.  

Contact Information

Whitehall-Yearling High School
675 S.Yearling Rd.
Whitehall, Ohio 43213

Main Office: 614-417-5100
Attendance Office: 614-417-5146
Guidance Office: 614-417-5109
Athletic Office: 614-417-5118